The Tennessee Titans dropped a game that they really needed to have on Sunday to the Arizona Cardinals. The Titans’ offense only mustered seven points in the desert, leaving us with more questions than answers for the time being. On today’s podcast, we’ll roll through our raw reactions from the game.
- What’s wrong with Marcus Mariota?
- Who is to blame?
- Why do can’t Mariota and the receivers get on the same page?
- Is the offense too complex?
- Is an 8-8 finish likely for the Titans?
- Where do we go from here?
Titans sign Blaine Gabbert, Xavier Su’a-Filo
We had a newsy day yesterday, with the Titans announcing the signings of backup quarterback Blaine Gabbert along with guard Xavier Su’a-Filo. The NFL made a couple of big changes as well, announcing a new catch rule and a targeting rule.
On today’s episode of Locked on Titans, we broke all of that down.
What does the signing of Su’a-Filo mean for Quinton Spain? Su’a-Filo hasn’t been very good during his short NFL career, but he’s a guy that can move around a little better than Spain. With him and Kevin Pamphile now in the fold, the competition at guard is about to heat up. The pressure is on.
What will the new catch rule bring to the NFL? Common sense, hopefully. What will the new targeting rule bring? It certainly emphasizes safety, but it may also slow the game down and put more control in the referee’s hands.
Titans miss out on Ndamukong Suh; What’s the new plan?
The Tennessee Titans took their shot at landing Ndamukong Suh. Unfortunately for them, Suh decided to sign with the Los Angeles Rams on a one year, 14 million dollar deal. This certainly isn’t the end of the world for the Titans, however. They’re still solid up front, but Suh would have given them another game-wrecker to pair with Jurrell Casey.
So what now? Jon Robinson is left with a bit of a hole to fill after releasing Karl Klug and Sylvester Williams. On today’s episode of Locked on Titans, we’ll dive into the Titans’ contingency plan.
- What would a Johnathan Hankins signing bring to the Titans?
- Defensive line might now be a draft option for Jon Robinson.
- We’ll re-stack the Titans needs with the draft one month away.
- How does ILB, S, WR, G, DL stack up?
Breaking down the Titans receiver depth chart as we head into the offseason
We’ll continue to look through this Titans roster today with the wide receivers. It was a disappointing spot for the Titans in 2017 after so much was invested in the position. However, with a new staff in town, it’s a position that could pop in 2018.
Here’s what’s on the docket today.
- The Titans are set on the outside with Corey Davis and Rishard Matthews
- Do they need to bring Eric Decker back?
- Can Taywan Taylor take the slot role full time?
- Jon Robinson will likely need to add a couple receivers for depth.
- Don’t forget about Tajae Sharpe.